maandag 9 juni 2014

GLI:N ZERO PLASTIC WEEK CHALLENGE DAY#1 : The easiest 8 ways to reduce plastic waste for shopping

09. June 2014. Wit Monday/ Pentecost Monday



I had an easy day today. Most of the shops were closed today due to the holiday.
Our shopping rhythm also helps because Fridays are the market day here, when we buy our weekly vegetables , fruits, cheese and bread portions. So, on Mondays my fridge is still relatively full. I think, I do not have a big issue in general, till Friday. 
My only concern is the MILK. We get milk in big plastic bottles. 
I do not want to start a debate on how healthy is milk or how should we replace it with another product.
I have a milk stock at home, which will last no more than two days. 
Which means my first challenge is, how to find a farm/supplier in our region, where I can find milk in glass bottles.

If you happen to know one place near us, please let me know. ;)


And here is the easiest 8 ways to reduce your plastic consumption in general:
#1 Always take your own shopping bags.
#2 Refuse plastic bags when shop assistants want to use.
#3 Reuse your plastic bags at home. 
#4 Go for refill packages.
#5 Choose vegetables and fruits without plastic packaging.
#6 Buy your groceries at the your local markets.
#7 Replace your household products with home made products.
#8 Refuse ready made or half ready made products which are usually wrapped in plastic.

-Want to learn how to make healthy , chemical free, plastic packaging free cosmetic products?

Learn them here:
            Bath Bomb                                  KISS ME Lip Balm                                           

              Bath Bonbon



       Liquid Soap                              SUNTAN ME sunscreen



Join us here.
Follow us here

Rita



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten