dinsdag 10 juni 2014

GLI:N ZERO PLASTIC WEEK CHALLENGE DAY#2: Aim to less or zero ?


10. June 2014. Tuesday

Day #2


No shopping= no issue...
Now I am just postponing to go to the shop.
So I am still at ZERO with plastic consumption for this week. Yeah :)
Every little help.


Ok, in theory here in the Netherlands, we should separate our garbage : paper, green, glas, plastic, the rest.

This is already something.

In the last two days I got different opportunities to talk with people about the plastic waste issue and this challenge. I learnt a lot. 
Just to mention a few ideas about handling the garbage on a micro level:

  • But how carefully do we select the garbage?
  • What goes into the plastic or paper or green?
  • Where to put the tetra pack packaging?
  • Do we use a plastic bag inside our garbage bin in order to collect the garbage in a selective way?

Or not to mention that even most of the packaging material is made of corn , but they will be burned due to the fact that the garbage disposal process does not allow any other recycling method right now.

One remark came back again and again:
-I cannot participate because it is impossible to reduce our plastic consumption to ZERO.

I do believe , every little effort helps. It is like with all changes, we should have a great big goal but we need to start the new way with little baby steps. I do believe, if you try, we already win this battle. 

If I understood right, this challenge aims to buy ZERO PLASTIC for a week. You can try, but even if you cannot replace a product or two and you will buy it, it is not a disaster. You might already have bought 80% less plastic this week than usual. Isn`t it a great achievement?  I do think so. 

However, I got more curious after this information and I found different interesting things about  plastic waste.
I have created a  board on Pinterest : GLI:N ZERO PLASTIC WEEK CHALLENGE where you will find information around different topics, such as:


  • Zero Plastic Infographics
  • Zero Plastic at home
  • Zero Plastic for kids
  • Zero Plastic films
  • Zero Plastic bloggers
  • Zero Plastic for cosmetics

Have a GLI:N and Plastic free week
Rita

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten