woensdag 21 mei 2014

Soap Dutchess : Superman, Supermothers and superfood...




Some years ago, hmmm, more than a few years ago, half of the world went crazy about superman. 
Yes, we need heroes. It gives hope to others. It represents power for the society against bad, wrong and evil. Nothing is wrong with that. 
We all need balance. 
When you feel weaker, you will search for examples, like superman.
So it gives hope and you can go on with your life. 

Let`s talk about other heroes, like supermothers.

Today, in most countries, women in their 30`s  and 40`s are the supermothers who take care of 2-3 small children at home and have a full or a part time job a husband and of course with a dog or cat and so on. These women manage the family life with on average 4.5 hours sleep per night.
Trying to be a good wife, the best  mother, the hottest lover and the fittest girl among their friends.

These mothers need today SUPERFOOD. 
Let`s stop for a second. 

What is superfood? What is a superman? Why are we seeking to be the best?
I leave this to be answered by philosophists and therapists. 

 But I would like to turn back to the superfood:
  •  qinoa
  •  goji berries
  •  cia seeds
  •  and so on...
Yes I bought them. Yes I tried them. Do I like them? It is personal. It doesn`t matter now. 
What matters is the idea that could not leave my head for weeks.
Suddenly these super healthy nutritions are everywhere. You can buy them in every corner, shop, even you can order meals in restaurants with them. You can find tones of recipes on Pinterest or any other online sources. All will tell you the super benefits, that you should not miss them nowadays if you want to be super.


But how about the production of these superfoods?
Suddenly our society wants to buy kilos, hundreds of kilos per day all around the world from these supplements.
They are healthy, bio, eco, organic. All.

How on earth could they produce so much from these superfoods? 

While I was thinking about this topic, luckily I got already answers. 
I am not the only one having doubt about this today. 

I do understand that we need superman to balance our society. I do understand that the standards of women/ mothers are high today. I do understand that we need help from out of our circles when we feel that we are short on something. 

But do not loose your mind. 
Try to think first, before you eat, what others want you to eat! 
Be conscious about yourself! 
I think today, we should understand that" the best" does not have a value for us. 
What we could aim for is  balance. The balance for our health, our family, our society.

I do not say, it is less hard to find this balance. First, we need to look into ourselves. And exactly that is the point, when we turned to superman, and superfood. Why? 
It is the hardest thing to be honest with yourself. 
But I had to realize, without having peace with myself, I cannot be the wife of my husband, cannot be the mother of my son. 

No matter what methods techniques you follow, you should be conscious of critical thinking and consider your personal well-being and thus become a supermom, the hero of your family.

Have a GLI:N Week
Rita

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten