dinsdag 27 mei 2014

GLI:N Weekend Round Up: Garage Sale

We are working hard behind the screens on new, exciting things that I cannot tell you now. 
After the summer holiday you all will benefit from our efforts, I promise.


Until that, I had a great, intensive, loving family weekend with my sister from Hungary and her son together. My son and his nephew are like brothers. They do not see each other more than 10 days per year physically but the wonder of "blood ties"  is that they love each other so much as if  they lived next door. Also trust and appreciation are strongly felt there when they are together. 
They have such an emotionally  intensive time together, that they end up sleeping out of the blue on the beach for instance. :)

I wish we could live next to each other.

But this weekend I had another great social time in front of our house, too. It was a Garage Sale organized by the small local (buurt) community. First I did not want to attend due to my family visit, but around 11.00 o` clock when we turned back from our walk from the cows, and I have seen lots of people passing by, I decided to make a little local advertisement for GLI:N with flyers and free giveaways. I must say, I am really pleased with my neighbors. I feel, they accepted us and share their lives and pleasure with us. It is actually the first time for 9 years that I have been living abroad, that I have such good connections. I find it really valuable. It feels a bit like "home".


So in this garage sale you could find everything that you can think of. And people were cruising with curiosity and openness. Of course my son and his nephew got excited because they spotted toys among other things. So we gave them 1 euro per each and they went to bargain. I found so nice that even without the language they could manage these little chit-chats. And also that the sellers made nice stories for the boys. They returned back with 4 puzzles and some little change that they saved for next time. We agreed with our neighbors that we would like to have another Garage Sale end of the summer time because it added not only for our family budget a little extra, but also as a community.

Have a GLI:N week
Rita


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten